Happy Wednesday! First, I want to thank everyone who texted me, commented on the blog or my Instagram post, or reached out in any other way about my blog post last week. I was nervous to post it but also felt so relieved to share all that and get it all out there. I want my blog to be a positive space and I look forward to sharing much more about intuitive eating and body love in the future. I also want to post more about personal life stuff since I used to do that a lot more! Life isn’t JUST about food, right?!
Yet here I am with a recipe 😉 I know it’s summertime and all you want is cool, refreshing foods, but this is a great comfort meal for any time of the year! It was so easy and has a lot of flavor. It also made a ton so it’s a great freezer meal for busy days when you don’t have time to cook. The original recipe also gives a vegetarian option of using all chickpeas instead of chicken – I might have to try that next time!
Crock Pot Chicken Tikka Masala
Adapted from: fANNEtastic food
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen spinach
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. garam masala
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 15-oz can of coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 28-oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- Brown rice or naan, yogurt to top (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a crock pot and stir. Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Serve over brown rice or with naan. Top with plain yogurt and extra spice if desired!